Every survivalist obviously knows about such a thing as a bug-out bag. It is an essential tool for everyone who strives to be prepared for various emergencies, for example, hurricanes, fires, pandemics, and apocalypses. The best survival backpack should serve as a life-saving gear that would provide one with long shelf life food, medicines, water, and other essential things for at least 72-hours. This bag is a must-have for everyone who wants to grab a bag and run into some safe space when the future is truly unpredictable.
How much gear should the bag have? The bag should have a perfectly well-stocked first aid kit, fire starters, navigation, and other tools needed in an emergency. The bags of such kind usually have pockets, pouches, additional sections. Moreover, they are made of special material that is water-resistant, suitable for bad weather conditions. Basically, the bug-out bag is your personal emergency situation lifesaver in all crisis circumstances.
Bug-Out Bag in Theory
The tactical backpack known as Bug Out Bag or “BOB” should help one to survive in such emergencies as storms, floods, typhoons. In such cases, one usually is forced to leave home for an unknown time period. So actually, the bug-out backpack is usually called a get-home bag or backpack.
The U.S. Army was the first one to use the bug-out bag for military and law enforcement services. The tactical bags were used in cases when the soldiers needed to bug out and survive in the field. So, the main purpose was to teach the people how to withdraw quickly in an emergency situation, with a load of useful survival gear in their sacks.
Looking for the best bug-out bag and just don’t know what it should look like? Preppers, our article will walk you through the modern hiking gear and find the spectacular addition to your survival kit. Let’s examine pockets, straps, shoulder straps, zippers, fabric, and belt elements to find a solid yet capacious backpack. Forget about surfing through the internet for hours. Find everything required from our article and learn how to obtain your private MOLLE.
More to the point
Your future bug-out bag must become your very best friend in any dangerous or unclear situation. It may happen that you can be forced to escape anywhere right now and survive for an indefinite time in uncertain surroundings. That friend of yours must be reliable, practical, and cost-effective. And also have enough place for all the gear you may urgently need before you get home.
Are you already interested to learn how that ideal bug-out bag looks like? Do you have any idea of what essentials it must contain? We will be pleased to tell you everything you need to know. We can also suggest what exactly bags and contents it is preferably to obtain to save your money. It will take only ten minutes of your attention, and you may start collecting an emergency kit for everyday carry. After reading this post, everybody can learn how to live within 72 hours separately from the benefits of civilization.
Purpose of a Bug-Out Bag
We live in a splendid but at the same time unpredictable world where an emergency of any kind may occur when people never expect it. And you may have only seconds to run away from danger. The possible scenarios of future disasters are numerous.
Some examples (and what problems may arise then):
- Some of your family members have suddenly fallen ill or even died, and you do not have time or spiritual strength to pack an overnight bag.
- Something has happened outside your home (some people need urgent help), so you quickly grab your first aid kit and run to save them.
- Another domestic incident – a gang of mobsters attacks your home, and you have nothing to do but quickly run away to save your life.
- An evacuation has suddenly started, and there are panic and chaos all around you. And while all the others are trying to pack their bags, you are ready to go and feel calm and confident.
- In the event of a hurricane, tornado, or any other natural disaster, you might have to take refuge in a shelter for a long-term period (a month or even more). So, having already prepared your bug-out bag, you are provided with everything you need.
- In the worst situation, when an enemy has attacked your district, maybe even with gas or bacteriological weapon, your grab bag will be essential to you.
Summing up, you may yourself continue the list of highly expected situations when having that survival kit, ready to take and go, can mean the difference between death or survival.
What do you need your bug-out bag for?
It is one of the first questions worth answering before you will make a choice of what to buy and what gear to put inside. Honestly, it is impossible to select a bag (and to choose a gear) that completely suits any person in any situation. But, indeed, it must be light enough (that is why these bags are designed to be foot portable). Try not to make it too heavy!
When you carefully consider what bug-out gear is vitally necessary for you (make a checklist with our help), it is time to think about your future bug-out bag’s dimensions.
How to Choose The Best Bug Out Bag Size?
Generally speaking, the bug-out bag’s size is mainly determined by your size (height) and your plans to use it (to a minor degree).
There is a great variety of backpacks you may use for your bug-out bag. The manufacturers produce bug-out bags for people of different heights and even ages (individually for men, women, and children). By analogy with clothing sizes, the bug-out bag backpack can be medium, large, small, or even extra small. By the way, the professional preppers recommend having bug bags even for children starting from the age of ten. (They also consider it possible to place a soft toy in it. Curiously, but certain people are anxious about being bored in a long-term escape).
Where Do You Plan to Escape for Survival?
It is great if you can make provisions where exactly you may move in an emergency. Then you may prepare the place of your future bug out location (having a water source you can hide there not only 72 hours but much longer).
Even though it is hardly possible for many people (being a somewhat expensive venture), you can still try to think through how far you may go. Referring to the invaluable practical experience of preppers, we suggest having several bags for various purposes.
When you are sure that the distance is short and it is relatively simple to reach the place of your destination without any obstacles, you need quite a minor bug-out bag with minimum gear. On the opposite, for a long-term movement, you inevitably take with you much more “just in case” things (such as a sleeping bag, food, and water supply, means of water purification). You may need a backpack with an internal frame, water-resistant and a spacious main compartment.
Take Your Family Members Into Account
In case you bug out all alone, your go-bag would be relatively small compared to the case when you run away with your family or some significant others. On the other hand, if you have a big family and kids, you will surely have to prepare several bug-out bags in advance, distributing all of the gear between your family members. Additionally, the bag must have a sufficient amount of space for extra “nice-to-have” gear, for example, a raincoat.
What Gear a Typical Bug Out Bag Must Contain
All of us understand that being prepared means that we already have a go-bag, already packed and suitable for everyday carry. And whatever may happen, you indeed have the gear necessary to survive and to help the others, if needed. But while the difference between a good and bad bag is noticeable, many inexperienced people made typical mistakes. Let us keep them in mind before making a list of the things.
Best Bug Out Bag Builder Notes
What can be wrong with your go-bag or get home bag:
- Excessive weight is the most typical mistake! After packing your bag, simply test it before use. Put it on and have a walk around your house, a mile or so. Listen to your feelings. Are you able to continue going on for many hours long?
- Your burden may be simply uncomfortable to you. Is your go-bag cozy and does not press anywhere? Scrutinize the shoulder straps. Look closely at the hydration bladder and hip belt. Can you fasten your hip belt easily? Does it look like a high-quality item and would not let you down in an emergency?
- Do not pack everything you may imagine. This bug-out-bag is only aimed at helping you to survive – not to travel to Africa or fight against numerous enemies. You only need to stay hydrated, not too hungry, warm, dry, and relatively safe. The remaining items are only to support these basic needs, like duct tape or a pocket knife.
- On the contrary, you may miss something vitally important in any case. For this reason, the bug out bag academy experts recommend performing a simple experiment just now – take a stopwatch and try to collect the most necessary things as if something awful had already happened. Most likely, the result will not please you.
What is helpful to keep in mind when packing your backpack:
- How long might your getaway be? It is a great difference between packing essentials for a three-day escape or a long-drawn-out period.
- It will be reasonable to study some survival skills in advance. It will allow you to leave some equipment at home. For instance, learn how to light a fire or filter water – these are two of the most important skills everyone should know.
- As long as you travel with your fam
- ily, you can not be sure to stay together all the time. Therefore, never distribute the vitally important gear in various bags. Someone may get lost, and the remaining team will stay helpless. This is especially true for food and water. Provided that you get separated, every person over ten years old should be equipped with personal gear.
- Leave some room for those helpful items you may find on your way. Maybe you find some kindling or tinder. Then you do not need to carry them in your hands for a long time.
- Remember to pack the heaviest items as close to your spine as possible. Also, pack your gear for the frequency of use and urgency. It means to place the things you constantly use on top of your bag and those you do not need so often you may quickly put at the bottom. If possible, you can also buy that may be completely opened.
- Do not accommodate everything in the main compartment. The small items for frequent use are convenient to place in separate pockets.
The last but significant note:
Always take only those essentials that you certainly know how to apply. If you carefully collect everything suggested by the qualified experts, but you have not the slightest idea what to do with all that things, it is better not to take them with you at all. And try to foresee if you can relocate somewhere. It makes a specific difference whether to take several sleeping bags with you or not.
Generally speaking, you can find a lot of information about the suggested content of your bag. It can be sorted in the following hierarchical list:
- Essentials (indispensable for s
- urviving, like water, food, water purification, and cooking supplies).
- A first aid kit containing medicines for various unpredictable circumstances. Make sure to take enough hand sanitizer for a 72-hour trip, at least.
- The gear for making you warm, dry, and housed (the list may vary depending on your climate and territory).
- Miscellaneous emergency kits like maps, tools, and navigation, copies of documents, means of defense, some cash, and what not – it is up to you to think it over what you require to have in your survival packs.
Some helpful remarks to the list of the key things to take
Food and water in a backpack as the most important things to stay alive
- How much water and food will it be rational to take with you, and what food will be better? It may be one of the most complicated questions. We have already agreed to keep a reserve enough for at least three days, or more, if possible. Of course, a man can stay alive without drinking any liquid for 3 to 7 days, depending on humidity and general conditions. But as we have an opportunity to make our forced flight more safe and comfortable, let us start by putting enough drinking water in our bags.
- But do you need a stock of water only for drinking? In fact, you may need it for three purposes: washing, drinking, and cooking! Yes, it would not be bad at all to wash your face from dust and sweat. And to eat some hot liquid food, especially when you are frozen. On average, it is advised to take approximately 4 liters per one man per one day to cover these purposes. And do not forget to take any filtration system or purification devices with you! You may be lucky enough to discover a natural source suddenly.
- The food you will take with you deserves your keen attention too. First of all, try to take the food you can eat without any further preparation or all you need to cook it in boiling water. Also, your food must be “durable” not to expire quickly and be sustainable to temperature. At the same time, give preference to the nourishing and high-calorie food, though as small and light as possible. And never forget that you need food just for staying alive at any price, and not for the taste and comfortable life. Maybe in your everyday life, you keep to some restrictions like vegetarianism or a religious post. Take it for granted that now it is time to save your body, not your soul!
- Lastly, avoid your beloved coffee and salt. You obtain enough salt with the food you eat, and the excessive salt will make you thirsty.
Clothes and shelter
- The clothing you should take with you means not only spare socks and underwear. It may become freezing suddenly, even if you live in a country with a warm climate. When you stay outdoors for a considerable time, you inevitably start feeling uncomfortable, at least at night. Some people revise their clothes twice a year when the season changes. This approach could be acceptable as long as you are confident in your memory. If not, you always may wear more or less clothing, and a rain jacket would be quite enough for saving from the summer rain.
- Just a couple of words about your hat and gloves. It is okay to have not only a hat, both for warmth and protection, but the sunglasses as well since it will be uncomfortable to move being blinded by the sun. As for the gloves, they are intended to protect your hands from wounds when you decide to chop the wood or clear the way.
- You will succeed in organizing a primitive shelter having only some additional clothes, a knife and fire makers (a lighter will work too), cordage, and a tarp. With the help of these simple tools, you can succeed in making the simplest shelter, cover, and heat yourself. It will not be as comfortable as staying in your soft bed, but definitely better than lying on the bare ground or sitting under the tree.
How Your Best Bug Out Backpack Should Look Like
The bag can look great and have many compartments, and have all of the needed bag features. So let us discuss those features in detail. The bag should have a main compartment, a hydration bladder, a hip belt (actually, the hip belts are becoming more and more popular in the survival bag design), and other sections, different pockets, a chest strap (also known as sternum strap), zippers, some detached compartments.
1. Grab Bag Capacity and Storage Space
Extra capacity is very crucial: it will ensure one that they can take anything they require in the emergency situation, for example, a sleeping bag or a fire kit, or some extra water bottles. A bug-out backpack must be approximately the size of an airplane carry. Its capacity is nearly 40 to 50 liters.
2. Weight of the Best Bug Out Bag
Your survival backpack should weigh appropriately so that you would not be suffering while carrying it around. The height and the weight of the person define the proper weight of the bag.
Regularly, the tactical bags should weigh 15% of the bodyweight of the person who carries the get-home bag. In case you are fit enough, the bag can be 20% of your body weight. Keep in mind that your bag is an emergency bag, so do not cause problems with the weight.
3. Bug Out Bag Frame
Bug-out bag straps are very crucial as they have to be extra comfortable, and at the same time, they should be made of strong material. Padded adjustable shoulder straps are wide, and counter straps are also highly advisable for those in search of the best survival gear.
Not only can they carry weight perfectly, but they will also help your shoulders to be less loaded. The upper part of the padded shoulder straps should sit one or two inches below the shoulder, and the lowest part of the strap should be placed on your back, never more than four inches below your waist.
Tip: If you want to unload your shoulder from the excessive load totally, you can buy a bug-out bag with a hip belt, waist belt, or sternum strap. It will distribute the survival backpack bag weight all over your body.
4. Bug Out Bag Material and Color
The key factor to consider in terms of your own bug-out bag material is water-resistant. This is crucial, as the main essentials of the tactical backpack are foods, which are not supposed to be dry. As a rule of thumb, the survival bug-out bag gear should be made from 500D – 1200D CORDURA nylon fabric. That is the bare minimum. 200D, Kodra, or polyester are materials that are inappropriate for the get-home bag.
Speaking about the color of the bag, there are several things to consider. In case you are bugging out in the wild, you would not want to attract extra attention so that the camouflage-like bag would suit perfectly. But your future destination might be an urban area, and you would want to look neutral, so the best colors are black, gray, and beige.
5. MOLLE Webbing
Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE) is another thing to consider. MOLLE system permits one to attach other survival tools such as knives, paracord, and pouches. MOLLE webbing allows one to place the expensive gear into your room at home.
Build up your backpack smart
On the internet, one can find a lot of data about the suggested content of your best bug-out bag. For example, below, you can find a list of the most useful things to put in your best bug out bag, especially if you are on a tight budget:
- Water supplies, food supplies (long shelf life ones);
- Medicines (antibiotics, painkillers, antihistamines);
- Knife, rope, pen, notebook, firestarter;
- Navigation tools, water purification tools.
- Other emergency supplies.
And of course, you should grab only those essentials that you unquestionably know how to use. In case you packed a compass, as suggested by preppers, but you don’t know how to use it, then it is not the best idea to pack it!
It is also important to mention that you will require more things, food stock, and water supply for a long-drawn-out period, so plan everything in advance. Another piece of advice is to try to foretell if you have an opportunity to relocate to some other place.
The thing is that the amount of sleeping bags might differ in this case, which means that you will have to plan out the organization of gear in your bag thoroughly.
How to Buy a Bag at a Reasonable Price
No need to explain that a simple duffel bag that is cheap would not serve in a long-term perspective. Such duffel bags will eventually be battered, so the best strategy is to buy a reliable firm bag. There are some options on the Web, which are affordable yet decent.
For instance, there are some bags from the same manufacturer that designed the MOLLE webbing. They have small bags for reasonable prices. Such bags would suit lightweight equipment, for example, portable knives, pouches, small axes, and so on. In other words, one has an endless opportunity to choose anything one likes.
Review of the Best Bug Out Bags on the Market Today
In this section, we will provide you with the best bug-out bags available on the web. Enjoy!
The first bag to pay attention to is the5.11 Tactical RUSH 72 Backpack.
The Rush 72 is a bug-out bag with a giant amount of pockets and is perfect for organizing gear very conveniently. This bag is also suitable for traveling, as it fits the overhead compartments on planes. The ’72’ in the title of its tactical backpack stands for 72 hours of survival mode, i.e., three days.
This huge military bag was originally designed for heavy-duty tasks. Its pockets are giant-sized as well. The admin panel is suitable for such things as a notebook, pencil, crucial documents, a knife, credit cards, keys, and so on.
The main section has a volume of 23″ (height) x 13.5″ (length) x 8.5″. Moreover, this bug-out bag has three zippered pockets to place the survival gear in the needed way. The hydration pocket is 21″x 13.5″, the left side pocket and the right side pocket have a volume of 16.5″ x 6″ x 1.75″.
In case you still think that this bug-out bag is not big enough for you, no worries. The main compartment of the bag and the front side have a compartment that can expand to the needed size. It can also stow a helmet or a coat. Furthermore, the upper side of this bug-out bag has an extra pocket for tools such as cameras or glasses. In other words, it is a quick access compartment, the so-called laptop sleeve.
This tactical bag can serve as a hiking backpack, and that is exactly what you need for traveling and surviving. The features of this survival bag include PALS webbing, which is very useful to attach additional tools.
Speaking about the materials from which the bag was made: 1000D nylon with a volume of 55 liters. The comfortable shoulder straps make the bag safe, as it features the hip belt, waist straps, and dual compression straps. When the straps are well-tightened, the weight of all of the gear in the backpack is evenly distributed all over one’s body, so it is suitable for everyday carry. The only thing that might not be good is that the shoulder strap is approximately 10cm wide so that the shoulder strap might rub against your skin.
As for the color of the Rush 72, we can mention that it is great: the color is dull and does not attract additional heat from the sun’s rays. In this way, the food stock in the bag would not get heated.
The next point to cover is the zippers: they are of the usual black color, but personally, I would advise changing them to some kind of bright color, to make them more eye-catching. The thing is that the black zippers get camouflaged with the main color of the backpack, making them not-so-easy to find. The zippers are big, so if you are wearing gloves, it is beneficial.
Overall, the Rush 72 is perfect for a huge load of gear: clothing, food, water bottles, all of the necessary tools. It is a multipurpose bug-out bag, army backpack, and even hiking backpack. The bag can surely be used for outdoor traveling.
In case this tactical gear backpack is way too huge for you, you can check out the 5.11 Tactical RUSH 24 backpack and 5.11 Tactical RUSH 12. They have approximately the same features yet are smaller in size and can hold a lower amount of gear inside.
GoRuck GR2 Tactical Backpack is another great bug-out bag that is made from indestructible high-quality materials. It would literally survive a fire attack! The GR2 has a volume of 40 liters, and it is a famous military-style pack.
The bag is truly huge, so no worries about putting a little more weight! The material from which this bug-out bag is made is 1000 denier CORDURA, and the heavy-duty zippers are produced by YKK. With all of the right gear as a first aid kit, food stock, and water bottles, you will truly survive all of the circumstances on Earth, having this bag on your shoulders.
Direct Action Dragon Tactical Backpack is another survival backpack that would fit all of the tactical duties. Initially, this bug-out backpack was designed for military agents. The bag itself is relatively light and, as a result, is suitable for every day carry: its volume is only 25 liters.
Speaking about the inner parts of this bug-out backpack, there are four storage compartments: the main compartment, the backside compartment, as well as front and side pockets. Let us discuss the compartments in detail:
- The main compartment has an internal pocket to hold things securely. At the same time, the main compartment is compatible with a hydration bladder pocket;
- The back compartment has padded sleeves, as well as YKK zippers;
- The front pockets come with a waist strap that can be easily attached or detached, as well as Velcro ID Panel;
- The side pockets are compatible with MOLLE webbing and PALS webbing, so all the gear can be easily organized. The side pockets can expand as well as the front pockets.
Speaking about the heavy-duty YKK zippers, the zipper pulls are made with 550 and have a protective rubber sheath. The bag handle is as well designed using a heavy plastic loop, so the bag has a beautiful loop design.
As for the straps, I can mention that the padded shoulder straps are somewhat thin, so I would recommend this bag for your use in case you are thin. This survival backpack comes with the best quality padding, which is thick and strong, so it would be secure and easy to carry this bag around. To sum up, the Dragon Egg has one of the most comfortable shoulder straps compared to other bags.
This bag is also beneficial due to its special shape: egg-like, so it has smaller width and height compared to other bags of such kind. Being shaped like an egg, this survival backpack would be suitable for the office environment and everyday use – a perfect and stylish choice!
As far as the additional features are concerned, the Dragon Tactical Backpack has belt kits and ballistic vests. Moreover, the MOLLE Webbing/PALS system also comes with this backpack. As we have already discussed, this system is lightweight and secure, as well as water-resistant.
The material from which this Best Bug Out Bag is made is the Cordura 500D fabric. The material is water-resistant, so you can literally abuse it in any possible way! The designer and developer of the bag have patented the design of a combat ventilation system for a direct-acting dragon to increase the comfort of the survivalist, particularly during extended utilization. This implies that this bag is not only an assault pack with a front-load compression system but a truly bugging-out tool!
Another advantage of this survival bag is that it has many air channels, so your own bug-out bag will not overheat you or make you sweat when the sun is shining high.
To conclude, as for my opinion concerning this gear organized backpack, is that one should buy it in case they are eccentric. You can use it for everyday use, and you can put your everyday essentials into this backpack, at the same time abusing it in the bugging out circumstance. It is relatively small yet super firm, so this bag is for enthusiasts who are smaller in size.
Maxpedition Vulture-II Rucksack bug-out bag is another survival pack worth discussing. This rucksack is for large people, as it is designed for a huge assault pack. The key features of the Maxpedition Vulture-II make this bag perfect for hiking, bugging out, camping, and deployment, as, basically, it was designed for three to five days survival mode.
This Bug out backpack has 3 main compartments and a wide bottom, so you can place anything you need in it: from the first aid kit to a sleeping bag. As for the bag volume, I can mention that the height is 20.5 inches, while the width is 16 inches. Be sure, all of your gear will fit in this huge bug-out bag.
As for the other parts of the Maxpedition Vulture-II, it has small zippered pockets, a front pocket, slip pockets. Those would come in handy for storing notebooks, hygienic tools, clothes, and so on. In total, the bag is roughly 34 liters in volume, with a capacity of 2100 cubic inches. The weight of the bag itself is approximately 3 lbs.
Bag compression straps
The padded shoulder straps are designed for the most prolonged use, for example, a hike. It will ensure you in a convenient, and at the same time not exhausting carry. There is a waist belt, so the weight of the gear will be distributed evenly on your body. On both sides of the bag, you will find additional clips, which will help to get your bug-out bag packed tightly. So, it will easily fit into the overhead compartment on the airplane. Moreover, there is a small pocket on the top side of the bag for such items as glasses or a camera.
There is also a sternum suspension belt (sternum strap). The sternum strap was designed for the purpose of proper weight distribution of the weight of the gear, so you can easily walk without falling behind. The MOLLE straps are attachable to this bug-out backpack so that you can add even more weight to the bag.
There is also a thing to which you should pay attention: the material of the bag is tough, so the bag will have to be stuffed with a big amount of things until it will loosen a bit and fit your body. Not to mention, this hard external material might be irritating to the skin. Another thing to focus on is the zippers. They are placed that way that you have to remove some fabric before dragging the zipper. This is made for security purposes, yet it may harden the process of the bag opening.
All in all, this bag is big enough for everything you need, and its main compartment is truly huge and spacious. It has a lot of side pockets and little pouches, so this bug-out backpack is definitely worth a view. The only drawback is connected to the material from which the bag is made: it’s substantial and hard. This survival backpack can be loaded with everything: a sleeping bag, a first aid kit, a rope, knives, sleeping pads.
CONDOR 3 Day Assault Pack is another bug-out backpack suitable for all purposes: everyday carry, hiking, camping, and, of course, bugging out. This bag was originally designed for well-built survivalists, as the bag is huge in general.
Speaking about the capacity of the bag, it is of a volume of 50 liters, which is considered to be a huge volume compared to other bug-out bags. The dimensions of the bag are as per the following: 22 inches x 17 inches x 11 inches, which makes a total of 3038 cubic inches.
The bag has an organizer pocket on the back frame, in which one can fit two hydration kits, as well as small stuff and other bug-out bag essentials. Overall, the bag was designed for a well-planned bug out, so there are a lot of pockets in it, which are easily accessible. The Condor Outdoor Assault Pack has seven pockets to fit your survival essentials such as knives, rope, a notebook, and a pencil.
This bug-out backpack permits one to adjust the size according to your needs, to your height, and size.
Bag padded shoulder straps system
The padded compression straps on both sides of the survival backpack have a foam pad on the back panel for the airflow, so you will not get overheated. The backside of the survival backpack also has a foam padded basis, which prevents you from sweating.
The sternum strap comes in handy, as well as a hip belt and waist belt, which are removable and can secure the bag tightly all over your body. Speaking more amply about the shoulder straps, I can say that it aligns with the body shape of yours and comes with a D-Ring, to which you can attach additional survival tools.
There is a hydration bladder so that one can store a pack of water bottles. This always comes in handy when you are bugging out, right?
Another thing to highlight is the handle of this bug-out backpack. Some survivalists are frequently worried about the thickness and firmness of the handle. Not this time! We can assure you that the bag is 100% abuse-proof.
Important to note
Nonetheless, some issues should be discussed. For example, the zippers and the material of the bag itself. They are not very durable, and after half a year of active use, they might start cracking. So, in this way, this is not the best bag for a heavy load of tools.
As for me, summing everything that has been stated so far about this bag, it will be suitable for the ‘best prepared’ ones. You just put the essentials into the bag and run out of the city to your bug-out location.
So, despite not being so good for carrying loads of heavy stuff when you have a tight budget – this option is the best one. It is truly a decent item in its price category.
Bug Out Bag Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best color for a bug-out bag?
The answer is quite simple. In case you plan to bug out in the rural area, you will have to get a camouflage-like bag, so you would not get noticed in the woods if SHTF strikes. If your bug-out location is in the urban area, you can choose black, beige, and gray colors, some neutral ones.
Where to store your bug-out bag?
Your best bug-out bag should be stored somewhere in an easily reachable area. The thing is that you will have to grab your bag quickly and bug out. In case you have several bags, you can place one at your home and the other one, for example, in your bug-out location.
How to build a cheap bug-out bag?
There are bags of different kinds, from very cheap ones to not-very-affordable ones. In case you have a tight budget, you can buy a relatively affordable bag. But you should acknowledge that in a survival case, nothing would be worse than a battered survival bag, so we would advise you to save up some money and buy a decent, firm, and worthy bag. And, of course, one should put only the truly required tools and equipment in your bag.